Sunday 4 March 2007

lovely day

Had a lovely Sunday back at my parents house today. Bit rainy but that's ok. Chitted my seed potatos...



Took Early and Lucy out to the field for a bit of fresh air and some new grass... (this one is Lucy)



Found some very dirty eggs in the brambles that the chickens had hidden and then forgotten about...



Checked on the cabbage seeds...



Then when it got too rainy and dark to be out in the garden, I started my new sewing project...



It's going to be a bag for my friend's birthday. I got the material from an Aladin's cave of a shop in town, downstairs is floor to celing rolls of material, and upstairs has a whole wall of tubes of buttons and rolls of ribbon, I love it! So anyway the bag is going to have an applique bird on the front or that's the plan. Never done applique before, and my sewing machine skills are a bit rusty, so we'll see how it goes.

All in all a lovely day!

2 comments:

Peg said...

What a wonderful weekend it looks like you had!! I look forward to seeing your finished sewing project!

Sarah said...

Had a go with some wunderweb this evening, all seems to be going well... Only problem is the sewing machine pedlel blew up a few weeks ago and has yet to be fixed... minor set back!