Friday 30 November 2007

catch up

I say catch up, but  I wonder, where should I start? My first full week of work has flown by, and I feel like I've been there much longer, which I suppose is a good sign! I've realised I have to throw myself into it, and not wait to be told, as the three men that work there are very gentlemanly and seem to be keeping all the dirty jobs for themselves :) 



But seriously, they have made me feel very welcome and there has even been a little time to have a play...


I also finished the gloves... I pulled back the original one and knitted it again,  making it longer as planned. But there was still something not quite right, it was too baggy. I knit the next glove slightly smaller and it definitely fits much better, so I bit the bullet, pulled back the first one for the second time and knit it up again to match. At least I know the pattern off by heart now!

I don't have any pictures of the new gloves. In fact I don't have any pictures of any of the things I want to show you, because it's got to that time of year when I leave the house in the dark in the morning and return home from work in the dark in the evening. All my photos are yellow tinged and which ever filters I twiddle in photoshop I can't seem to do anything about it. The photos still look like they were taken in the Seventies (which is not necessarily a bad thing, just not the look I'm after...)

But tomorrow is another day, and hopefully it will stay light long enough for me to take some snaps. How long 'til Spring??!

2 comments:

tulibri said...

I don't know how long until next spring, but I know for sure winter solstice is only three weeks away and up from then, days will definitely become longer again, what a relief!

Sarah said...

Only 3 weeks? Well that makes me feel much better! Counting the days... :)