Saturday 17 November 2007

another experiment


When I read a while back that Amisha could knit and read at the same time I was very impressed. Now the more knitting blogs I read it seems like that is the normal way to go about things and I decided I wanted to be able to do it too! 


So the other day, when I decided that I was fed up with crumbs in my ipod and that I should knit it a little case, it seemed like a good opportunity to try a 'knitting but not looking at the needles' experiment...


Well. It felt very odd at first, like I didn't trust myself to do it right at all without looking. But the more I forced myself to look away (at the wall in fact, my brain is not ready for reading quite yet...) the more I realised that I had known all along what to do, I just had to do it. I mean, it's only garter stitch, but it's a start!



Now this little ipod holder I knitted does look distinctly like the first thing I ever made when my mum taught me to knit when I was little; a little stripy case to hold my tooth fairy money; but I suppose that's quite apt considering I'm kind of learning all over again...



2 comments:

Jessica said...

It's adorable! I love the cherry button.

amisha said...

this made me smile...
it is like learning again, but it is all about trusting yourself and realizing that your hands really do know what to do!
the case is very cute... love the button :)
xo