Monday 7 September 2009

moon

We haven't had much chance to use the telescope recently. Evenings have been taken up with sanding and painting and gluing and sweeping. But now the nights are getting darker and the house is getting cleaner and tidier (and almost finished!) we're hoping to get back out there...


It's great looking at things that are so far away. A few stars become millions of stars, and some of them turn out to be planets. I saw Saturn's rings and a globular cluster and once a shooting star, but my favorite thing to look at is the moon. I think it's because looking at the moon this close makes me feel like I'm there, looking across mountain ranges, at craters in glowing 3D.


It's really up there.


This screen print is made from some of my drawings of the moon. You can get one here if you like...

3 comments:

Ali said...

Beautiful.

Acornmoon said...

I know what you mean, it is amazing to look through a telescope, we spend so much of our lives focusing downwards!

Your screen prints look great, I'm off to look some more.

Anonymous said...

yo. nice printing action. got your rosemary plant here, will drop it round at somepoint soon. but can i find those mugs?? no siree. my eyes are peeled. x