Wednesday 9 September 2009

eeek

There are some exciting things in the very early planning stages in my life at the moment... I can't say much because I don't know much yet, but hopefully (hopefully) it's going to involve a brand new space where I can set up tables and chairs and cutting mats and book presses and perhaps run some book binding classes! It's something I've been wanting to do for ages, but I sometimes lack the guts to stick my neck out, it's scary, but I know it would be worth it, and I've got so many ideas about what the workshops could involve. Concertinas and exploring folding and traditional techniques and box making...


Do you reckon you'd want to come? There would be cake.


P.s. I've added a new button on my side bar... its an option to sign up to a mailing list, and as soon as I have any more information about this exciting (to me at least!) venture you'll be the first to know. And I don't do spam, I promise.

7 comments:

Ali said...

Oh you KNOW I'd come in an instant. And I know I live too far away to be able to. Damn and blast.

I may have to sign up to the newsletter and torture myself anyway.

Unknown said...

I do, I do, I do. Boxes. I like boxes. And I want to know how to make them please :) x

Gina said...

I'll come!!!

Amanda said...

How I would love to create some of the boxes and books you do......I can dream....so classes would be brill...but too far away possibly...I can still dream

Acornmoon said...

I think you would be onto a winner, good luck and keep me posted.

Kaija said...

Oh I'm so happy for you! I hope everything works out :) I know I would come if I was a little closer, because I know it would be amazing.

I've been hiding a lot lately (from myself and life too), but I just want you to know that I'm very happy to have you back blogging. It warms my heart to see there's a new post from you :)

Jacqui Dodds said...

These boxes look great. I am like you - have so many things that I could be doing but am scared to stick my neck out and do them and just settle for comfort instead. The idea of workshops looks really exciting and I think that you should go for it. I would be interested to hear about these.