Monday 27 August 2007

monday


Where to start? I feel like I've been away for ages, what with the internet deciding not to work at all... So anyway, I've had a lovely sunny week (except for those 3 days of rain, they weren't sunny at all) just pottering about and generally taking advantage of having a whole big house to myself. Lots of room for sewing and printing and cooking, it's been lovely!


I spent quite a lot of time wandering and exploring the woods and fields where I used to play when I was little. I realise that I was so lucky to have all that space to play, all that freedom. I'm starting to think that that accounts for why I like to spend so much time on my own, and why I get all cranky if I'm around too many people for too long (oh I'm so lovely!) I used to play for hours amongst the trees, making things from sticks and drawing maps and weaving grass and who knows what. Talking to insects, making fairy outfits from flowers etc etc.


So every day this week I walked up through the woods to check on the horses, to make sure they had water and take them a little something to snack on...


And on the way back I sometimes filled the bucket with a little something to snack on myself...


Yummy. The only downside is the little grubs that live in the odd blackberry, not my idea of a treat, even if my Auntie does insist it's all protein...

2 comments:

Catherine said...

How wonderful to be able to have a break and wander in the woods and fields, that would be fantastic. It sounds like you grew up in a very beautiful place.

amisha said...

sounds so beautiful and idyllic... a lovely childhood! there is so much peace and quiet to be found in a wide-open space like that... it's amazing how many little details there are to capture the imagination of a child (or a grownup for that matter :) )
xo