Wednesday 28 March 2007

fun with dictionarys


I love heavy books. I love the way the pages lay...


I was looking in this big old dictionary at work, there's something so satisfying about the thin paper pages slipping over each other, and the weight of them all together...


The curve of the paper, the spine...


And there's some interesting stuff in dictionarys!

I can't decide between clip frames and black wooden frames. Which will look best in a cafe, which will make people think 'hmm, that's nice, I'll buy that please'.


I suppose it doesn't really matter but I like to think about these things. (Well, not LIKE to think about, I find it quite impossible, so many possibilities, but I think it about all the same.) Perhaps the black frames... hmmm

I had a little fiddle about with a stanley knife on these tonight, they were missing that 'something'. Again, not sure if its what I want, but hey! You've got to try!

3 comments:

Yvette said...

Oh I love your pictures. I like the black frames best, you should go with them. Oh and speaking of things with stanley knives have you been here http://www.sublackwell.co.uk/index.php
she's my new hero.

amisha said...

perfect little cutouts. and my vote is the black frame :)
i'm going to check the dictionary when i get home to see what words pop up next to and around my favorites... reading this has made me realize how long it's been since i had a big heavy dictionary in my lap!

Sarah said...

Oh wow the stuff on that link is amazing!! Thanks so much Yvette for introducing me to this, am going to have to spend a long time studying all these amazing images!

As for the frames, black it was. Ta for the advice!