Friday 11 July 2008

wet

Well after all the sun at the weekend it's been nothing but rain all week. I've lost count of the number of times my brollys blown inside out and I'm sick of wet feet. There's something nice about being wrapped up snug inside when it's pouring down with rain outside, but after 6 solid evenings of it I'm getting cabin fever...


I've been away from the computer this week, on a first aid course at work. It's been pretty intense, (home work each night an everything!) and it makes me wonder how I ever managed school... information overload :)

But it's good, and I passed my exam today, so now I'm fully qualified to do the right thing when someone stabs themself with a stanley knife, drops a weight on their foot, swallows acid, suffers hypothermia, passes out or a variety of other common print room hazards (eek!)

So I haven't been up to much craft wise, most of my spare time's been spent on an embroidery for one of my mum's friends. She chose the pattern, and it's a tricky one... all those varying shades of brown mixed up together, makes my eyes boggle!


Anyway, I'm off to my friends little girl's fairy and princess party at the weekend, all pink of course, and fairys need sunshine don't they, so here's hoping :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

We've had barely any rain here. People keep telling me about the "monsoon", thinking it must be so much worse here, but we've probably had less than average for the time of year!

And oh, the stanley knife first aid would have come in useful here last week when I stabbed myself with a scalpel cutting envelopes! Turns out it hurts and you bleed a lot, so I wouldn't recommend it!

Sarah said...

Eeek! Hope its stopped bleeding by now, get it elevated!!

And its stopped raining here now (for the minute...) I was in Edinburgh a few weeks ago and it was beautiful and sunny :)