Wednesday, 9 May 2007

first day

Well, just finnished my first day in my new job... It was good fun but very tiring! A lot of the students have behavioural difficulties and it is a challenge for me to deal with that (I enjoyed school and wouldn't have dared be rude to a teacher, so it's difficult to put myself in their place...), but they all seem like nice people really, after all, it's hard being a teenager isn't it! I think it will just take time for them to respect me I suppose, but today seemed like a good start so I happy about that. Some of the students are pretty talented too, today they got their ceramic pieces back and they were great, wish I could have got a picture of the pineapple vase someone made - very impressive!


As I didn't think it appropriate to take pictures of their work, here is a pigeon I made in MY pottery class! He is very friendly...

4 comments:

tiffany... said...

whoo hoo! yay! you did it! you got through your first day! that's so exciting!

sugarloop© said...

sweet, sweet bird! by the way, just wanted to thank you dropping by my blog and the lovely comment :)

amisha said...

congrats on the first day!! it does take awhile to get into the groove i think... but it sounds like you are off to a great start. love the pigeon too :)

Sarah said...

I love the pigeon!