Friday 7 August 2009

things growing in my house and outside my house


This plant was in the house when we bought it. I had presumed it was dead as no one had lived here for years, but someone told me succulents can survive long periods without water so I thought I'd give it try... and after a good watering and a few days it's starting to look a bit green to me (although that may be just down to the fact I dusted it...)


Jasmine from a cutting I took years ago from my dad's garden, waiting patiently for a permanent planting spot and dreaming of being 6ft tall and 7ft wide like the plant it came from. Courgettes battling the slugs (and doing ok so far) and ruby chard for my tea.

1 comment:

Acornmoon said...

It is so nice to make a garden and fill it with family gifts, cuttings from friends and family. These things make a house into a home.