Tuesday 11 August 2009

books!

Some new books are in progress, imagine that! I've been trying out some new (to me) structures; a different way of measuring and making a rounded spine and a different way of making a photo album involving sewing each page onto a concertina. The new rounded spine way is brilliant, much less stressful, but the pages-onto-concertina is pretty fiddly, not sure its worth the effort for the results it gives, needs more work.

Anyway. Its great to be doing some making again, even if it is just a bit. And the screen print is coming along as well...


No binding for me tonight though. I just cut up a chilli then scratched my eye, not a good idea if you need to see in the near future!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Ow ow ow. Have done that before and it itsn't fun.

angelpond said...

I love, love, love the feather screen print - the solid black is fab!!

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

The feather book *is* gorgeous. I do like the screen prints with the lighter backgrounds myself (thinking of your previous post).

Just the description of the chili incident ....***ugh!!** OW!

Acornmoon said...

The cover looks great, very chic!