Wednesday 9 May 2007

first day

Well, just finnished my first day in my new job... It was good fun but very tiring! A lot of the students have behavioural difficulties and it is a challenge for me to deal with that (I enjoyed school and wouldn't have dared be rude to a teacher, so it's difficult to put myself in their place...), but they all seem like nice people really, after all, it's hard being a teenager isn't it! I think it will just take time for them to respect me I suppose, but today seemed like a good start so I happy about that. Some of the students are pretty talented too, today they got their ceramic pieces back and they were great, wish I could have got a picture of the pineapple vase someone made - very impressive!


As I didn't think it appropriate to take pictures of their work, here is a pigeon I made in MY pottery class! He is very friendly...

4 comments:

tiffany... said...

whoo hoo! yay! you did it! you got through your first day! that's so exciting!

Bernadette said...

sweet, sweet bird! by the way, just wanted to thank you dropping by my blog and the lovely comment :)

amisha said...

congrats on the first day!! it does take awhile to get into the groove i think... but it sounds like you are off to a great start. love the pigeon too :)

Sarah said...

I love the pigeon!