Thursday 17 May 2007

dummy love...

I'm going on a first aid course tomorrow. it's something i've been meaning to do for a long time now, but i've been putting it off because i'm scared of these... aggghhhhh! I've been scared of dummys, waxworks, manequins, in fact any fake human thing, since my freind's mum took me to the Industrial Museam when I was about 5 years old. There were models of Luddites and Coiners and worst of all someone's head being chopped off in the Gibbet. I ran out screaming and had to be taken home. I can still remeber the dreams I had of Luddites with wild dirty hair laying beside me at night... But I think it's time to put things into perspective, i'm sure those dummies won't come alive and get me, i'm sure the resussitation doll won't wake up and grab me (it won't it won't) so i've taken the plunge and i'm going to do it beacause I think it is important knowledge to have. Time to face the fear :)


I was going to put a photo of a waxwork here, but looking at them on google images made me feel all aprehensive, and to be honest, I don't want to look at them! So here is a nice picture of Lemony chicken and her chick Linda instead. Much better.

1 comment:

tiffany... said...

good luck with breathing life into the plasticy baby...
i kind of always have fun when i'm getting recertified... is that weird?