Saturday 22 August 2009

new babies

I'm at my parents house, looking after their dog, horse, fish, chickens and...

chicks! 1 week old tomorrow.

When a mink killed the majority of our flock we lost all our broody hens so these little chickys were hatched in an incubator (my mum is a very good chicken husband; turning them three times a day and keeping the temperature and humidity just right). They are currently living in a cardboard box in my old bedroom and I don't konw how hens get any sleep as chicks seem to make noise all night! zzzz.

cute though :) and they do sleep, sometimes, in a big cute fluffy heap...


I still can't find my proper camera amongst all the boxes and bits of wood and tools at home. Which is annoying because I've got some new books to list in my shop... I found my knitting needles though, so all is not lost...

3 comments:

Gina said...

Cute chicks!

WilleWorks.com said...

I love peeps!

Jessica said...

pretty darned cute, especially the sleeping heap.