Sunday 12 August 2007

endbands?

Today I've been playing around with bits of paper (what's new?!) experimenting with ways to sew end bands (is that what they're called?) Now I know I could probably go and find some instructions in a book somewhere, but I thought I'd see what I could come up with...


First go, fairly scruffy but you get the idea...



Hmmm, thread too thin (and I think I got distracted by trying to make it into a concertina as well, oh and by sewing it onto tabs... sometimes combining structures works, sometimes it's just overkill!)


Thicker thread (and not too much fancy stuff going on...) This one uses a cover with slits cut in it to support the pages, the thread goes round that and the signature inside, this seems to work better I think...


A finished end band (and sorry for the blurry photos, they're from my phone, my digital needs charging and to get the lead I would have to root around at the back of a cupboard full of stuff, and I've got a feeling that when I open the door to the cupboard the stuff might fall out on my head, and knock me out, which would be bad, right? So the phone camera it is.)


Another go.


Oh, and this is off at a bit of a tangent (the best things often are) but I just liked the look of it!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your books are so freaking cool Sarah!