Saturday 17 December 2011

wintry workshop

Lovely workshop at the Stanley & Audrey Burton Gallery today, pop up Christmas cards inspired by some of the paintings and prints of wintry scenes in their current exhibition. A real mix of people, both adults and children (and even a 2 month old baby who was very cute indeed), and some fantastic cards made. I'm always so excited to see the results at the end of these workshops, they're always so imaginative and carefully done and individual, they put my examples to shame!




My shocking quality photos don't do them justice by the way. My camera has broken and phone pics in a subtly lit room are never going to come out very well :( Oh well, still a good day. Now I'm off to thread fuzzy balls on a string as my house is looking distinctly un-christmassy.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Those look really great!

Julia said...

I love winter crafts and your cards look so beautiful.

gifts

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

A talented bunch indeed. It must've been a really nice workshop. Bummer about the camera! I hope that can be remedied soon!

RosieK said...

Beautiful cards - if I'd been in Leeds I would have been there at the workshop for sure - looking forward to my March visit to the Artist's Book Fair though - Merry Christmas and good things in 2012