Monday 5 October 2009

Those little ladybird larvae from yesterday are making me feel all itchy. Turns out they're harlequin ladybirds, an invasive species that eats native ladybirds and other bugs. They also bite! If you see any in your house or garden you should tell the harlequin ladybird survey people as they're monitoring the spread across the UK...

Anyway, I made a new book. It's square and grey with a paper lable. Can you tell what my favourite bookcloth and paper combo is at the moment?! This book is one of my biggest rounded spines yet and making it was a challenge, it took a couple of remakes to get the spine fitting just right, but I'm pretty happy with it. There was a point where I nearly gave up, just couldn't work it out, but pushing myself to have one more go was definitely worth it. It opens like a dream. I think if no one buys it I might keep it for myself... do some sketching :)

2 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

SPECTACULAR WORK!

Clara said...

Absolutely beautiful, Sarah. Your work gets better and better!

Clara