Monday 23 February 2009

Thank you for all your happy engagement wishes , I didn't mean to not mention it sooner (sorry Hazel!) I might've even posted a picture of my ring for you to see today if I hadn't just sliced the finger next to it with a stanley knife then got screen printing ink all over it. The black ink under my nails and flesh coloured plaster really set off the sparkle of a diamond you know ;)


Anyway... these (rubbish) pictures are of the boxes I've been making recently for a local art collective. They were coordinating a wedding and the boxes are to be used to contain the catalogue/rsvps...


An A3 sized clamshell box, the biggest I've ever made by a long way! But it worked out well, it opened and closed... I just took it steady and concentrated hard :)


This is a big box to hold objects sent with the rsvps. Its bigger than A3 and 25cm tall (I moved in...)




The exhibition title was embossed onto the boxes with a heavily etched copper plate.

So, I'm hoping that when I next come to make a small box (normal sized box!) again it will seem a bit easier...

3 comments:

Liesan said...

That clamshell box looks so good! I've been struggling with that for such a long time that I eventually just gave up for the time being ;)

Sarah said...

Oh don't give up for ever though! Just take a break and try something else, and when you come back to boxes it might be that little bit easier (that's what happened to me anyway :) )

Acornmoon said...

wonderful work, the lettering is the icing on the cake!