Sunday 7 September 2008

nests and books

I love going to the library and just browsing through the shelves, seeing what catches my eye. It's also a great way to feed my appetite for new things to read without draining my bank account...

Here's what I found on Friday...


I love these illustrations of eggs, definitely some inspiration there...


And a whole chapter on 'formation, structure and appearance of the avian egg'. Kept me quiet for hours :)

I've been trying to workout who this nest belonged to, found abandoned in an very old and tangled shrub my dad was removing from the garden


It seems to be made from twigs, roots, moss, stones and bail band; an interesting combination, although I think it's quite old and would probably have had some kind of soft lining (I hope!) After reading through the book I think it might've been built by a Robin...


And it's not the only nest in the garden...


Those cheeky chickens :)

On a different note, there's a few new books in the shop today


Little concertina pocket books, take a look, if you like...

And have a lovely Sunday!

5 comments:

Gina said...

More beautiful books Sarah!

Acornmoon said...

I just LOVE your books!

jackie said...

Very smart books - but watch out for fleas in those nests. I once sent my son to school with an interesting nest, only to have complaints that it was full of fleas!!

Sarah said...

Fleas?! Eeek! Luckily I left the nest outside :)

Unknown said...

What a cool bird book find! And your concertina books are wonderful.