Friday 18 January 2008

blurr

Ahhh. Friday.

After a busy week I almost don't know what to do with myself, I feel like I shouldn't stop. I feel like if I loose my momentum I'll never get going again...
But I've made myself stop. Do nothing. Catch up with sitting still. You see three days off is great for really relaxing, its just getting going again on Monday that's the problem! Anyway, thats enough of that.


I went to the opticians yesterday. I've been getting headaches and fuzzy tired eyes and it turns out I need to start wearing glasses. I wouldn't mind but when I had my eyes tested two years ago my vision was perfect, so it's almost definitely working in an office and staring at a screen 37 hours a week thats done me in. Grrr. The thought of loosing my vision terrifies me, so I'm hoping the glasses, and the fact I work with computers a lot less now, will stop my eyes decline (and I know I'm being melodramatic, but how I would hate all your lovely blogs to go irrecoverably blurry...) 

I pick the glasses up next week, it did feel funny trying them all on in the shop, there were about 300 different pairs to choose from, and I don't have a clue how to choose glasses, where to start? It all felt a bit surreal...
 
Perhaps when I have the glasses I will be able to fold even tinier concertinas!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know that I've been enjoying your thoughts and activities for a while now but haven't persevered with leaving a comment. Your setup is more convoluted than what I'm used to... you may not be concerned about comments at all... but just in case... I'm at http://blinkandbreathe.wordpress.com/

BWK Art said...

*sigh* I just LOVE paper. :)

Anna said...

Ah I hope you find a great pair of glasses! I went to the optometrists too the other day and thankfully didnt have to change my prescription...

NICOLE STRASBURG said...

Hi Sara,

There is hope for your wee optics. If in fact you were sitting too long at tasks that are "close-up" know that your eyes are muscles like anything else. You have trained them, built them up so to speak to see close up.

I had similar issues working at a computer and then being nose to nose with my canvas, days on end. My homeopathic doctor assured me that going outside and exercising distance vision and taking many needed breaks during the day would help to restore the muscle to it's supple self.

Sadly, after 40, diminishing eyesight is one of myriad things to look forward to with regards to ones body. So take care of those eyes of yours. They are most important for your beautiful work to continue.

amisha said...

empathizing completely with the difficulty of getting going again after 3 days off... it was hard to do my reading for tomorrow on a holiday!
and also empathizing with too much computer and decreasing vision. i think after one semester of law school i need a new glasses prescription!
xox