Tuesday 16 February 2010

work in progress

It's half term this week which means I finished work at half four instead of half eight, and for the first time this year I left work in the day light, a thing to be celebrated! It's still light as I type this and it feels like such a liberation, the birds are singing, I survived winter again...

And I've been working on some etchings; skulls I drew after my visit to the Natural History Museum. There's something about them all lined up in cases; categorised, classified. What is it that appeals to me? Diagrammed and named, no flesh.

Below is a proof of the etched plates, pieces of copper 6cm square, just the lines...


And with the aquatint solution sprayed across the surface, stopped out with acrylic paint, ready to etch...


Another proof, this time after the aquatint. So far so good.


I'm planning to make a little concertina book with these prints, with a slip case to contain it. Tomorrow.

2 comments:

Velma Bolyard said...

oh my these are great. i can't wait to see. really!!!

Fi said...

I too can't wait to see the finished book.