Thursday, 24 April 2008

experiments

Some exposed spine mockups, just practicing...


And... I still haven't quite learnt the lesson I keep trying to teach myself (that is: if I don't cut the boards right at the beginning they probably (probably!) will not be right at the end) Oh dear...


(but at least I'm practicing Mary :) ) Oh well!

5 comments:

Riverlark said...

Sarah, your post made me laugh out loud!
And thank you for your kind comment on mine. I'm sure tomorrow will be better, but I feel like some kind of crazy woman today!

Anna said...

The blue stitching on your books looks GREAT!
Ohh cutting things right is a pain! i cut out fabric for a dress in the weekend... but somehow I made the pattern too long, didnt have enough fabric and couldnt get the stripes in my fabric to match at the side seams (this is REALLY bothering me right now. I'm going to try and fix it!)
Enough of me ranting! have a good week

hello. said...

truly lovely!.. the process is wonderful to see.

moonbindery said...

Oh, yeah, been there with the mismatched boards ! I have some scary books in the back of my closet from when I first started bookbinding. :)

Sarah said...

If only this was the scariest!!