Thursday 12 April 2007

birthday mushrooms

I've been doing a bit of sewing these last few nights. The sewing machine is still broken so it was hand sewing all the way, which is ok in its self, I enjoy doing meticulous things, it just takes longer and this is for my friends birthday tomorrow. Why do I always leave things until the last minute? I've had the material for weeks...


It's a pencil case as she is a lover of pens just like me. Is there a word for that?


Anyway, my sewing skills are a bit rusty and I kept stabbing myself with the needle. Right down the finger nail, I hate that! If I was to make this again I would do things in a different order (ie sew on the mushrooms first, why didn't I think of that?!) but I suppose it's all a learning curve isn't it! I love this green corduroy, and even though it leaves green bits all over the light pink carpet I have plans for the remainder of it, I just wish I could sew trousers...

2 comments:

tiffany... said...

oh lovely! (that's what my nana would say in her ilford accent)
funny thing... i've been doing a lot of hand sewing lately too! my machine still works... but, i like to go back to it every now and then... it relaxes me!
i wonder if i'll ever get around to posting my little project... i'm so bad at that... ah well!
happy sewing!

amisha said...

i love it! the mushrooms are so cute. and applique on cord... such a good texture contrast... lovely and useful, the best combination :)
i too like to do some hand-sewing amidst the machine sewing... the slower pace makes it more meditative for me... though it is hard when you are up against a deadline!