Tuesday 27 December 2011

tuesday

What a day. My little cat Coco is in the cat hospital tonight. She's been having kind of coughing fits for the last few days and I thought she perhaps had a hairball. She then started having trouble breathing so I took her to the emergency vets where she's had x-rays and scans and all sorts and been diagnosed with asthma. So I'm grateful it wasn't her heart or anything terminal, but it means medication for the rest of her life :(


She is a bit of a stress head anyway, and I feel so sad thinking about her in a cage at the vets all alone, can't wait until tomorrow when she's back home with me. Hope you're ok Coco.

4 comments:

fluffbuff said...

Oh, poor baby. I hope she gets home soon feeling better and you have a good year end celebration together.

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

So sorry to hear it. One of my kitties, Dominic, has severe asthma. It is frightening when they have a bad attack like that, especially if you don't know what's happening. In Dom's case, he has to be on steroids, but we've been able to taper his dose down quite low. It's not ideal, but he hasn't had an attack in a long time, and is doing well. It is manageable. Such a horrible feeling to be separated from them, though. I hope Coco is home and feeling better soon!

Ali said...

Poor Coco - hope she's safely back home now.

This is it said...

Aw poor thing. I didn't even know cats could have asthma. If my Perry were sick and in the hospital in a cage, I would be sad too.