Sunday 14 August 2016

Sunday

So its been a while. And I never really meant to stop writing here. But in the small spaces between looking after children, feeding and cleaning children, tidying and washing and cooking and working, and trying to catch up on sleep, there's not much time for making. And even less time for writing. But I miss it.

And I've just handed in my notice to my main day job, the art college print workshop technician job that I've had for nearly ten years and has taught me so much but that I can no longer make fit with my life. G starts school in September. I want to be there to pick him up. So, hopefully there will be more time for all of the above. And some bookbinding...



This is Vinnie. Here's evidence he does occasionally sleep...




3 comments:

Kaija said...

Welcome back! I look forward to seeing your future projects!

Hannah said...

Welcome back! I haven't checked your blog in a really long time, and was just thinking about the beautiful photo album you made me (remember the one where you papercut peonies?!) and thought I'd check your blog on the off chance that you were blogging again - so it was lovely to see that you wrote this post just three days ago!

Sarah said...

Thank you! I've missed it often but never quite found the time, until now I hope :)
I do remember the book Hannah, I loved making it. Nice to hear from you xx