Tuesday 10 May 2011

...

I've been really enjoying sewing recently. I've put a new table in my workroom (the old table from the kitchen, which has been replaced by an even older, more appropriately sized, table) and its great to be able to sit to the machine. Previously I had it propped up on a box and I sat on a cushion to sew pressing the presser with my knee. Worked great but bad for the back. Anyway, sitting to a table and having the iron to hand has been good.

Every night for a few weeks I cut a little bit, sewed a little bit and it was quite relaxing. I miss it now I'm working lates again (although summer is nearly hear, 6 more weeks I think). I made my third attempt at a tree quit, and this time I think I've cracked it. Cream linen background instead of white cotton, more limited colour pallet (perhaps this is my downfall; colours look nice in a rainbow so I try to use them all...) and slightly more ordered layout. More space between the trees.

A quilt for Samuel, my newest cousin, with lots of love ♥

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Oh that is really pretty!! Lucky Samuel and congrats on the new nephew :)

Audrey
aka AudreyGardenLady

Unknown said...

Beautiful work!

Kylie said...

This is just gorgeous, Sarah. Kx

Velma Bolyard said...

this will be a contented baby, a lover of trees!

emilyclare said...

A very fine quilt, I love the muted greens, and yes, what a blessed babe to be sleeping in a forest!