Sunday 25 July 2010

Note to self: Hand woven Indian cotton may look and feel beautiful, and bring back happy memories of that trip to London, but even after a pre-wash in the washing machine it will still bleed purple dye all over your quilt. Don't use it in a quilt back again! (Unless trees with blotchy pink backgrounds are what you are after...)


A baby chick picture to remind me there are more important things in life. Anyone got any good tips for fixing it when the colours run in the wash?!

6 comments:

deanna7trees said...

Try Carbona Color Run Remover. Read the directions to be sure it's appropriate for your quilt. To prevent that happening in the future you can use the color catcher sheets put out by Shout. They sell it in the supermarkets here where you find the Shout stain remover. I use a sheet in all of my laundry so in case color runs the sheet will catch it. Hope this helps.

Ali said...

Noooo, noooo, not your beautiful trees. I hope you can find a way to get the purple out.

Acornmoon said...

Oh, all that work :-(

I did the same thing once when I used red cord in a cream coloured loose chair cover. We live and learn.

Fi said...

Argh! How annoying.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear that! This is the quilt that you stitched by had too. hugs

Anonymous said...

We usually soak the cloth in hot salt-water before the first wash. But still I almost always was them separately, for they always leave the dye :)