Tuesday, 15 June 2010

spine book


Thank you for all your lovely comments about the book in my last post. I love the challenge of a commission, pushing myself to come up with something that I wouldn't normally think to do, and making the effort to produce the best possible thing I can. It's sometimes hard wondering what expectations might be attached to the finished item, but I just keep telling myself to make something I am happy with, something I'm proud of and hope that is enough...

Anyway, I'm hoping to make some more books in this style (but with tree cut outs I think, or perhaps thin little concertina circles??) soon, when the working of evenings finishes in a few weeks for the summer. A whole 4 hours of day light every evening, luxury!


This is a book I made for the artists book fair a few months ago, and one of them has been sitting on my coffee table for weeks now. I keep picking it up and twiddling it about, curving it round, watching it spring back. I think it's inspiring me to get folding again...


You can get one of your own here if you like that kind of thing ;)

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Wow! Like a wonderful sea creature

elisvermeulen said...

beautiful.
Now also visited your etsy shop for the first time.

The Paper Woman said...

Great work.

Leigh said...

Your work is so beautiful! I'm inspired.