Friday 15 January 2010

sunshine please

The day light goes so quickly at the moment. I've had some books I've wanted to list in my shop for ages now and even my usual south-facing-white-walled-fairly-large-windowed hall way only does the trick lighting wise for a short time each day, usually whilst I'm at work... The last few books I tried to photograph today came out very poorly, all washed out. My camera tries it's best, but without the sunshine its so hard to get that detail. Anyway. I think these ones came out ok, good enough for now anyway...


This one is called 'lost property'. Screen prints from drawings from feathers I collected on a new years day walk. Picking them up and putting them in my pocket I wondered who they belonged to... you can see more here


And another tree one. This ones been around a while. But I still really like it, and I feel its a shame for it to be wrapped in tissue in a storage box. So out it comes... have a look

I've not listed artists books in my shop before, I'm not sure how well they will do, I think its quite a small market... but you've got to be in it to win it I suppose, and they're something I like to make so I thought I'd give it a try. And if the sun shows its face tomorrow then there will be more to come :)

2 comments:

stuff said...

the books look wonderful. i hope they do well on etsy. if i had the money right now, i would definitely scoop up the tree one.

Gina said...

I think they are lovely!