Sunday 14 December 2008

I've been quiet. I feel like I've been very busy, but when I try to think of what I've been doing, I can't seem to come up with anything solid. Working mostly, reading, talking, waiting for busses. And I'm fighting the battle to hibernate, which hasn't been helped by the fact my boiler was broken for a week last week and it was very cold indeed around here. Breath in clouds. But it's fixed now so I'm all thawed out. I've also been trying to suppress panic about my lack of Christmas present buying and making. I can't seem to get into the swing of it at all. A short burst in November then... nothing, and suddenly its the week before Christmas! I need to get going I think.


I've had a lovely weekend this weekend though. On Friday we got one step closer to owning the house we've been trying to buy for a while, so that's exciting! And I spent the rest of the time with 3 of my bestest friends who I don't get to see nearly enough. Catching up, talking, eating chocolate croissants. Then swimming this afternoon, floating on floats. It's all good.


But now its work again on Monday, and I definitely could do with another few days off. Couldn't we all I suppose.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nearly my dear, nearly.
what do you get holidays-wise?
we must do another meet just after new year if you're around xx

amisha said...

your weekend sounds so lovely sarah. congratulations on getting closer to the house! and the present making will come... you have loads of time (that is what i keep telling myself since i can't start till after i finish writing papers on thursday- ack! :) )
and your tree quilt is looking absolutely amazing! i love all the different sizes and shapes and colors... it's beautiful!
xo

Kim said...

Sarah I love to read your blog... I have nominated you for an award... read about it here
http://threadtales.blogspot.com/