Sunday 3 February 2008

sunday

Sunday already?? How did that happen...

This week I had a go at making a hardback book with a rounded spine. Its my first go at this type of binding, I normally shy away from anything involving glue (it usually ends up on my hands and trousers and face and all over the book in places it shouldn't be) but I've decided its time to face the fear, practice makes perfect right...


It was exciting; rounding the spine with a big hammer, layer after layer of glue...


In fact, I felt a bit sad covering the spine when the time came to add the cover... Oh, and I forgot to take a picture of the finished thing, but despite a few gluey fingerprints on the end papers (oh, end papers, why are you so tricky?!) its looking ok. I'll take a picture tomorrow :)

Ps. I got a car today, my first car! Oooo its exciting! 

Edited to add...




Not the most interesting photos but you get the idea :)

2 comments:

Carol said...

You've made a giant leap from the non-adhesive bindings to the rounded book. Looks good so far, and I look forward to seeing the finished book.

amisha said...

i love the rounded spine... and i empathize with getting glue in lots of places where it shouldn't be :) xox